Nuffnang ads

Friday, June 21, 2024

Bestfriends

 Hi 2024

I am still here. Grateful to be still alive and healthy.

Work is okay and still contemplating to find another office as sometimes current job can be hassle and exhausted.

Last Eid, I was meeting my old acquaintances for my primary school's teacher  retirement dinner. My primary schoolmates. And yes...there were my best buddy and also I don't know how do we call that kind of relationship. Best friends? Besties? Buddies?  

I was there on her wedding when she jumped off the plane and called me that she wanna get married? I was married first and by time she told me that, I was already having a boy aged 5mo. She was like my maid of honor during my wedding. She has been there and has been my friend since kindy, primary, secondary...

I lost contact when she flew, and I stuck here even though we met at scholarship interview back then...she made it and I stuck in my own bubble.

And there was not just her I met.

I met my other 'bestie'. The male one. Who I've known since aged 10 until we both went to uni. All those calls and mails during school days were reviving their own stories. I just staring at him and family like we didn't know each other. 

I miss them dearly. But as time passes by, the memories vaguely vanish. I wanted to cherish all those moments like keeping the mails, the gifts. Do they still have them? All the letters that I have written them? The school badge that we have changed? I'd love to share stories that we might tell giggly, the pain the hurt feeling that we cried on together, calling pranks, rekindle all the memories...but life has parted us in a good way. We moved on making families...building career, make use of little time that we have with our loved one.

All that I keep in mind, we still care for each other. But we just pray from far that Allah will protect us, grant us health and wealth. I know because yea...you keep my number even we haven't exchanged ours like many moon ago. Sometimes we've checked on each other WA status. And that's how I know...we still there for each other...in a conceal way.

Thank for those wonderful years, besties.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...