- 1 January - The Kompleks Tun Abdul Razak, (KOMTAR) in Penang, the tallest building in Southeast Asia is officially opened.
- 30 March - Malaysian Parliament celebrates its 25th anniversary of the formation.
- April - The first Made in Malaysia campaign (Belilah Barangan Buatan Malaysia) is launched.
- 8 July - The new Tabung Haji building at Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur is officially opened.
- 10 July - The first Malaysian national cars Proton Saga is launched.
- 2 August - Official opening of the Penang Bridge by the fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohammad. He drove across the bridge in a red Proton Saga (a national car), carrying the national flag to officiate the opening ceremony.
- 31 August - The Proclamation of Independence Memorial (formerly The Malacca Club) in Malacca Town, Malacca is officially opened.
- 2 September - The Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC), Malaysia's first convention and exhibition centre is officially opened and the 1985 UMNO General Assembly is held in Dewan Merdeka, PWTC for the first time.
- 11 September - Sultan Azlan Shah is installed as the 34th Sultan of Perak.
- 13 September - aku dilahirkan walau tak diminta. dan aku masih mencari-cari untuk apa aku dilahirkan
- 14 September - The Penang Bridge is officially opened to traffic.
- 21 November - The Memali Incident occurred in Kedah. 14 civilians and four policemen are killed.
Monday, September 13, 2010
What happened during 1985?